Chicken breasts can most often be dry and boring to eat due to its lean nature, unlike chicken thighs. The good news is that it doesn’t have to be! Cooking a tender and juicy chicken breast can be made easy when following these guidelines:
The key is in the marination, plus a few more tips and tricks that will guarantee that your chicken breast recipe will never fail to be delicious.
What you will need for the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons of yogurt or milk
- 1 tablespoon of vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Place the chicken breast in a bag
- Pound the chicken breast using a mallet (or rolling pin if not available)
- Add the yogurt/milk, vinegar, lemon squeezed, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Tie the bag and shake the mixture until well combined
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours
Poke the Chicken
Poke the chicken before placing it in the fridge to marinate. This will help the chicken breasts absorb the marinade better.
Pound the Chicken
Using a mallet or a rolling pin if not available, pound the chicken until the surface is even. This will allow the chicken to cook evenly and fully.
The 7-minute Rule
Remove the chicken from the fridge 20 minutes before cooking it. Heat some olive oil on a pan on medium heat. When heated, place the chicken.